question-icon

What causes small pinkish patches on scrotum?

Posted on Wed, 25 May 2016
Question: I have a lot of big and small pink patches all over my scrotum that itch a lot
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney (29 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Upload pictures

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcare magic

I would recommend you to upload the photographs of the affected area so that I can have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly.

Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney (52 minutes later)
Ill rather not. Its just pink circles around my scrotum that itch and it looks like the skin peels from it
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Seems to be ringworm infection

Detailed Answer:
According to your complaints it seems to be ringworm infection.
In such cases I recommend my patients to apply clotrimazole cream on the affected area twice daily for 2 weeks along with antihistaminic like tablet levocetrizine 5 mg once or twice daily depending on the intensity of itching.
These are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist