What causes small pieces of skin stuck in throat?

Posted on Thu, 11 Jun 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I was coughing this morning and light pieces of skin seemed to be stuck in my throat.
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
possible infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for your question.
You can have things that look like pieces of skin from infection or allergies. If you have a fever and severe cough then you probably need to see a doctor for evaluation for infection.
If the cough is minor and you have allergy symptoms like runny nose, chest congestion and itchy eyes then try an over the counter non-sedating antihistamine like loratadine and use some nasal saline spray several times a day to clear out allergens like pollen.
Let me know if you have further questions.
Dr. Robinson
Dr. Kathy Robinson