What causes small incisions to turn into purple scars?

Question
I am A 50 yr old male, 188lbs, in good physical condition, on no medication, no history of any serious medical conditions. I was diagnosed with veinous reflux in both legs and had ablation procedure in Oct to close off Great saphenous vein. Symptoms have returned, heaviness, achy, pressure in veins lower leg ( visibly). I go back in a couple weeks for ultra sound. What is concerning is the small incisions from the procedure Turned to purple scars, did not heal right. I cut my foot in July, and it too sealed over into a purplish scar, didn’t scab and heal. The veins in my arms seem more pronounced, and I have had an dull achy feeling in my scrotum on and off for most of the year. Went for physical in Feb, and bloood pressure and blood work all looked good. I feel off, something not right. Don’t know if these things connected. Should I go back to primary care doctor, get his recommendation to go see a specialist, but what type exactly for the symptoms I have? I appreciate any advice I can get
Fri, 8 Jun 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please upload an image

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. I do not suppose that there is a connection. However, it would help if you could upload an image of the purple scars that did not heal right. Based on that I could guide you whether you need to go to your primary care physician for a specialist referral, or what sort of specialist could help.

Let me know if I could help further.

Follow-up: What causes small incisions to turn into purple scars? 2 days later
I have tried numerous times to upload pics of the scars through the update reports function, but keep getting error. Another way to attach and send pics?

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Uploading reports is actually easy

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back. Unfortunately I do not see any attachment. You can upload the attachments using the facility on the upper right of this page. Alternatively you can email the attachments to YYYY@YYYY with the query id 357578 and my name mentioned in the subject.

I would await your response.

Follow-up: What causes small incisions to turn into purple scars? 7 hours later
I just sent 3 pictures to the emal address you provided with your name and query # in subject line.

Here are the scar pictures requested. The incisions are 10-11 weeks old

Brief Answer:
Not concerning

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back. I have checked the attached images. The third image is definitive although the others are not very clear. It seems to be a hemangioma. It is not concerning and is going to be there at least for a while. It is not a cause for concern.