What causes small bumps in pubic area post razor shaving?
possible bacterial and fungal infection together...explained.
Thanks for the query to HCM for an opinion,
This history is typical of a razor rash and folliculitis induced local bacterial infection which has still being spreading since last 3 weeks. The typical clitoral swelling which you are concerned about which reoccurs in the evening mostly, is probably due to a fungal element present with the infection. The presence of itching does indicate that and constant or occasional scratching over the clitoris can reinstate the swelling and inflammation. The infection may have spread to the vagina causing vaginitis which can cause pain and dryness. at the same time.
I feel a local swab test for culture should be taken from the clitoris and the vagina, both for a culture to isolate the possible fungal and bacterial cause. This would then require to be treated with a combination both anti fungals and antibiotics orally.
Please ask her to wear loose cotton clothes which should not cause any frictional injury around or over the clitoral area and the local genital area should be kept as moisture free as possible to hinder the fungal growth further.
It is suggested that you should visit your physician and discuss the option and diagnostic ways discussed above and then take an informed decision.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes small red bump on shaft of the penis
- What is causing a small bump near the anus
- What causes small bumps under foreskin
- What causes small bump near ear
- What causes painless small white bumps in mouth
- What causes itching and little bumps after shaving
- What causes small pink bump on hands
- What causes small raised bumps on the shaft
- What caused a small bump on my pubis
- What causes brown bumps in pubic area
- Is pregnancy possible without ovulation?
- Is pregnancy possible due to sex on 8th day from menstruation?
- At what age does a girl start to ovulate ?
- Is chemical hair straightening safe for a breast feeding woman?
- Can i have abdominal hysterectomy despite having IBS?
- What causes discomfort and pain in pelvic region?
- How to determine the expected date of delivery using last menstrual period?
- What does my ultrasound report suggest?
- Suggest treatment of pelvic inflammatory disease
- Suggest treatment for Rubella infection