What causes small blister on toe and swollen foot?
? Angioedema / ? Impetigo
Welcome to healthcare magic.
I understand from your query that your 2 year old daughter had a lesion on her foot of 1 day duration.
Based on your history and description, I would consider the possibility of Angioedema and Impetigo.
You have a feature to upload the images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your query better. You can also send the image as attachment to YYYY@YYYY , with the subject as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'.
Please revert back.
Dr. Johny Chacko
My wife seems to think its a insect or spider bite
? Frictional Blisters
I noted your additional history.
I have seen the clinical pictures attached in your other query ( Answered by Dr. XXXXXXX Hiremath) as the images are not seen on my page.
I do not see much redness on her foot. There are 2-3 small blisters with clear fluid and no pus.
From your additional history, I would consider the possibility of Friction induced blisters possibly from the sandals.
You could apply an antibiotic cream containing 2 % Mupirocin twice a day for about 5 days so as to prevent infection.
Please make sure she wears soft footwear which do not cause friction especially in the affected area.
If she develops a fever or if the foot appears swollen/ red, it would suggest an infection. She would need an oral antibiotic like Amoxycillin or Cephalexin for 3-5 days.
Insect bites could also present with blisters. However, they have redness around the blisters and respond to topical hydrocortisone. Since it has not responded, I would possibly rule it out.
Hope this helps you.
If you have any more queries, I will be glad to answer.
Dr. Johny Chacko
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cause of blood blister on toes
- Small, painful blisters causes
- What is the cause of elderly blood blister on foot
- What causes blisters on toes
- What causes itchy red toes with blisters
- What causes fever and swollen gums blister on bottom lip
- What are the possible causes for small blisters after dysentery
- What is the cure for blisters on toes
- Blisters in vagina lymph nodes swollen what is causing this
- Itchy swollen toe with blisters and oozing cause and cure
- Dry and scaly skin around elbows and knees, use lotion regularly. Could...
- Having some strange spots on face with stinging and tingling sensation....
- Loosing hairs for last some time and used Mintop hair oil. Black marks...
- How to get rid of pimple scars?
- Having skin allergy, getting red rashes. Told to have Uritcaria. On...
- Had wrinkles, neck type pouch. Used radio waves to tighten, having more...
- Have had botox on forehead. Discovered a lump on forehead and vision...
- Diabetic, taking insulin along with Janumet and Glucophage. Having...
- Suffering from skin eruptions. Having burning and itching sensation. Cause?
- Getting eruptions these days. What could be the case?