What causes small black dry scabs on arms?

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia

Dermatologist

Posted on Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: My husband gets these small black dry scabs on his arms that last a couple of weeks and then fall off. also has some small scaling on his scalp.
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly elaborate & send pictures

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum.

I can understand your concern for small black dry scabs on arms and small scaling on scalp of your husband.

After reading your query it appears that your husband might have the condition known as Seborrheic Keratosis with seborrhea capitis.

To confirm the same I very humbly request you to please upload few good resolution pictures of the affected areas of scalp and arm so that I can analyze it better. Kindly send good resolution pictures focusing the area of concern which can be seen on higher magnification. For uploading the pictures you have a facility on the right side of the page or can send on:

YYYY@YYYY

with "attention:Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia"

The pictures will be confidential and will not be available for anyone else to see except me.

If you are not able to send the pictures then can go on google images and see if the pictures matches with Seborrheic Keratosis and seborrhea capitis or not.

Also kindly tel me any associated symptoms of itching or irritation or anything related and any other illness in your husband.

Hope to hear soon from your side.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
MD- Dermatology & Sexually transmitted diseases