What causes small black dry scabs on arms and scalp?

Dermatologist
Question
My husband gets these small black dry scabs on his arms that last a couple of weeks and then fall off. also has some small scaling on his scalp.
Posted Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please provide pictures and details

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same.
Now from the description , it looks like your husband has developed seborrheic eczema involving both limbs and scalp.
But I would like to have a look at the exact skin lesions before we can be sure of the diagnosis and plan further management .
I would request you to upload some good resolution close up pictures of the skin lesions and upload them here on this page .
Also please tell if there is any associated itching or pain.
Since when do you have these?
Are you applying anything over these? Any cream or oils?

I am sure I will be able to help you more once you provide me the above details and the pictures .

Dr Geetika Paul