What causes small black dry scabs on arms and scalp?

Dr. Geetika Paul

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: My husband gets these small black dry scabs on his arms that last a couple of weeks and then fall off. also has some small scaling on his scalp.
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please provide pictures and details

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same.
Now from the description , it looks like your husband has developed seborrheic eczema involving both limbs and scalp.
But I would like to have a look at the exact skin lesions before we can be sure of the diagnosis and plan further management .
I would request you to upload some good resolution close up pictures of the skin lesions and upload them here on this page .
Also please tell if there is any associated itching or pain.
Since when do you have these?
Are you applying anything over these? Any cream or oils?

I am sure I will be able to help you more once you provide me the above details and the pictures .

Dr Geetika Paul