What causes small and painless bumps on the labia?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 24 Mar 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Have 5 or 6 small blood red pimple type bumps on the labia. No itching, no pain. Have been there a long time with no change.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be prominent follicles.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The small bumps that you noticed can be due to prominent follicles or glands. These can be pigmentation due to old scars of folliculitis. Since there is no itching or any associated symptoms there is no need to worry.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad