question-icon

What causes slurred speech and difficulty in moving arms and legs?

Posted on Mon, 16 May 2016
Question: husband is mot speaking clearly and can't move his arms or legs, later appears to be fine what do i do?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah (16 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Take him to the ER immediately!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about what your husband experienced. This is called transient ischemic attack and announces the imminent risk of a stroke. Take your husband to the nearest hospital for evaluation and prevention. There is no need to waste any more time as the greatest risk factor for stroke is a ministroke or transient ischemic attack.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah