What causes slow growth,poor appetite and white patches on thighs in an infant?
My girl is 10 months old, I have noticed three disturbing symtoms not clear why
1. Her hair is not growing, its very feable hairs, I was bald at age of 32, will this be a heridetary impact on her. what are the remedies for her hair growth.
2. There are some white patches on the thigs a kind of small half and round white patches.
3. She is very lean , a weight of 7.5 Kgs. and she passes semi liquid / semi solid stools / motion for around 6-7 times in a day and urinated more than 20 times.
Welcome to the HCM,
Get her stool examined If there is some infection(like Amoebiasis) should be treated.
Deworming to be done by Albendazole.
Frequency of urine is little excess. UTI to be ruled out .
Urine routine examination and culture to be done to know any infection in the urine which is important cause of slow growth and poor appetite.If the culture shows any infection, child should be properly treated with relevant antibiotic according to the culture report.
Routine investigation to be done to rule out any chronic infection like CBC, ESR, Mx TEST. CXR.
Multivitamin, Iron syrups.Vitamin D etc to be supplemented. They may increase the appetite of the baby.
Semisolid Diet to be encouraged in comparison to milk. Diet should be tasty palatable, easily available and child should like it. Frequent feedings in small quantity to be done.
For the hypopigmented patches ( white patches) better to consult the dermatologist for local and spot diagnosis,
Hope the query is answered.
Please feel free for the further clarification.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What caused white bumps on my thigh in a cluster
- What causes inner thigh fat
- What causes mottled thighs
- What causes pain with tenderness on thighs
- What causes lump on thigh
- Cause of brown patches on upper thigh
- What causes indention in a thigh
- What is the cause of numbness in thigh
- Bruise on the thigh with soreness what is causing it
- What causes sticky thighs