What causes slight pain and numbness in right temple?
My doctor diagnosed me a couple of months ago with visionary migraines?
I read your question carefully and I understand your concern.
That type of pain seems not related to the migraine you've been diagnosed with, which while usually presents with unilateral pain usually is of a much more intense throbbing character.
One cause I might suggest is a temporo-mandibular joint (TMJ) dysfunction issue. It's the joint connecting your mandible to the skull and its issues can result in pain in that area.
Another cause can be tension type headache, the most common primary headache (primary meaning with no identifiable cause), often triggered by stress.
The initial treatment for both those issues would be a simple over the counter anti-inflammatory drug like Ibuprofen and simple observation. Often the pain dissipates without any particular problems.
One condition which you should be on guard for is temporal arteritis, an blood vessel inflammation usually initiating in that area. Usually the pain is more intense and there are visual disturbances that is why I didn't suggest it as a first possibility. If the pain is persistent or increases in intensity though (or if there are other symptoms) you should consult your doctor to exclude it, as it can be a dangerous issue which can often be diagnosed by palpation of the area and a simple blood test. However it usually manifests after the age of 60, so the likelihood is low do not be alarmed.
I remain at your disposal for other questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain and numbness in sides of head
- What causes pain tingling and numbness in forearms
- What causes pain and numbness in forearms
- What causes numbness and pain after a catheter ablation
- What causes extreme pain in leg with numbness and imbalance
- What causes numbness and pain in fingers
- What is causing numbness in hand and back pain
- What causes muscle pain and numbness in legs
- What causes burningstabbing pain and numbness in feet
- What causes numbness in right hand