question-icon

What causes slight diarrhea, clear anal discharge and stomach pain?

Posted on Tue, 1 Dec 2015
Question: My granddaughter, my husband, and myself have been having slight diareha with clear anal discharge as well the past few days. We do have stomach ache as well. Virus?
Answered by Dr. Divakara (4 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Seems like Viral only.

Detailed Answer:
HI

Yes it looks like a viral infection of gut , but a possibility of food poisoning is also there. But since it is mild diarrhoea , the possibility of viral is high.

There is no need of any medications for this as of now. Just drink plenty of water, fruit juice, avoid milk , buttermilk , curds, avoid non veg food.

If diarrhoea increase or persists even after 2 days , you have to get a test called stool routine and revert back with report.

Hope this information was useful to you.
Any clarifications feel free to ask.

Regards.
Dr. Divakara