What causes slight chest pain on the left side while having a BP of 132/83 and pulse of 71?
I have some chest discomfort.
Was in the ER for uncontrolled HTN (232/119) w/ CKD 3 on Tuesday (along with a pinched nerve in my neck which was what brought me in.) Unsure if related, but my blood pressure has improved dramatically with medication. Given Pulse is more variable between 70-100. last bp was 132/83 and pulse at 71. Cant figure out why I am getting this slight chest pain - left sided. Have had n/v as well since Thursday. Maybe just a nonrelated virus. Do you think I need to be concerned?
Please refer to the detailed answer below
After going through the medical details provided by you I would like to tell you that your last blood pressure and pulse rate was absolutely fine but right now if you are having chest discomfort which is persisting then an ECG is required to rule out any cardiac involvement.
But if the pain is not troublesome or not associated with any other symptoms like breathing difficulty, pain radiation in left arm or jaw or in the back, sweating then it can be safely ignored. However, if it persists or reoccurs then kindly get an ECG done.
Hope to have been helpful
Dr Bhanu Partap
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Chest pain bp 10353
- Low bp and chest pain
- What causes lower left side chest pain
- Left hand pain chest pain and low bp
- What causes chest pain with belching when bp goes high
- What causes chest pain when bp is high
- Some chest pains with headaches while on bp pills
- What causes left sided chest pain
- What causes chest pain while sleeping on left side
- What causes left sided chest pain with headache