What causes slight chest pain on the left side while having a BP of 132/83 and pulse of 71?

Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 28 Aug 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hi,
I have some chest discomfort.
Was in the ER for uncontrolled HTN (232/119) w/ CKD 3 on Tuesday (along with a pinched nerve in my neck which was what brought me in.) Unsure if related, but my blood pressure has improved dramatically with medication. Given Pulse is more variable between 70-100. last bp was 132/83 and pulse at 71. Cant figure out why I am getting this slight chest pain - left sided. Have had n/v as well since Thursday. Maybe just a nonrelated virus. Do you think I need to be concerned?
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:

After going through the medical details provided by you I would like to tell you that your last blood pressure and pulse rate was absolutely fine but right now if you are having chest discomfort which is persisting then an ECG is required to rule out any cardiac involvement.

But if the pain is not troublesome or not associated with any other symptoms like breathing difficulty, pain radiation in left arm or jaw or in the back, sweating then it can be safely ignored. However, if it persists or reoccurs then kindly get an ECG done.

Hope to have been helpful

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana