question-icon

What causes slight change in color of the toe nails and right hand thumb nail in children?

Posted on Tue, 21 Aug 2018
Question: Hi.. I observed that the two of toe nails and right hand thumb nail of my son has changed color slightly and the nails are being replaced by new nails. I need quick suggestion regarding this. If he needs consultation, which doctor we need to meet...Pediatrician or dermatologist?

Thanks,
Divya
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj (4 hours later)
Brief Answer:
You can observe

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.

It is better to consult a dermatologist for this. This could be related to some nutritional deficiency maybe calcium or iron deficiency.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Vaishalee
Dr. Vaishalee Punj