• question-icon

What causes slight blurred vision and lightheadedness after trimming eyebrow hair?

Posted on Tue, 18 Jul 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: I've been feeling unusual after cutting a hair on my eyebrow.
For a while (many months), I noticed a hair in my left eyebrow is unusually long and is protruding in a direction different than usual. The hair is wrinkly looking and very thin. I usually would just move it until it isn't very visible.

Today I decided to cut the hair off. I used my shaver to cut most of it off. Ever since then, I've been feeling some very mild pain that occurs around the area of the left eye. I feel like the vision can become slightly blurred at times and during that sensation I would feel slightly lightheaded. Overall I do feel varying degrees of fatigue.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry about.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HealthcareMagic.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

I don't think you should worry about any serious health issues here.

Probably the pain is local and is triggered by some pulling of the long hair that you refer.

Fatigue and light-headedness probably are related to response to pain or the anxiety that this issue is causing you.

Just give it some time.

You can use Ibuprofen for the pain.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical