What causes sleeplessness with no enthusiasm?

Dr. Chintan Solanki

Psychiatrist

Posted on Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Sleep Disorders
Question: I am XXXXXXX male 53 years healthy and without any disease doing daily exercise. My enthusiasm level is zero and I feel like avoiding any task. My sleep is not sound. Should I take GBA 1000 mg. or any other medicine?

Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please Consult psychiatrist

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mr. XXXXXXX
Thanks for using healthcaremagic.
I read your problem and history.I need some information to help you more.
"GBA means is it Glucosidase?, why did you use Escitalopram? for any disorder, with without doctor's help? And symptoms you have described since how long time?"

As you already have taken Escitalopram, I guess you might have depression symptoms. Your current symptoms of no enthusiasm, avoiding task and unsatisfactory sleep also suggest symptoms of depression.
For confirmation of diagnosis, detail history of your social,economical,occupational, emotional and family aspect to be taken.
After that treatment can be started in form of medicines and/or behavior-psychotherapy.
Depression is common illness in current time and treatment for that also easily accessible.
You need a psychiatrist consultant for the same with your all past clinical and medical records.
Hope you got solution of your query, let me know for further doubt.

Dr. Chintan Solanki

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju