What causes sleepiness and tiredness while on Ramipril and Amitriptyline?

Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: my Husband is always tired comes in from work and goes to bed, gets up about 9.30 pm has a mal and goes back to bed. i was looking up on the interned the side effects of his medication and they all seem to cause tiredness, headaches and agitation. the tablets are Ramipril, amitriptyline 10 mg.,serimel, could they be the reason he sleeps so much.
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Side effect of amitriptiline

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome. Yes,sleepiness,tiredness are common side effects of amitriptyline and antihipertensives may contribute to this as well,including Ramipril. It would be advisable to change antidepressant and see will this improve. If not,then other causes such as thyroid disorder,should be considered. Wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad