What causes skin rash post colitis?

Dr. Suresh Heijebu

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I had knee "revision" replacement 5 weeks ago I was sent home on third day but that night ended back in emergency room with Colitis so back in hospital for 3 more days. I had a small rash when I got home and it has steadily gotten worse and now is all over my body. I went to dermatologist they confirmed it wasn't bed bugs, mites, scabies or fleas. They said "reaction to drugs" probably but I have not been on ANY drugs for 3 weeks. And like I said rash getting worse spreading and itching HORRIBLY. They gave me cortisone shot and a lotion to help the itching along with prescription Antihistimine. NOTHING is working the cortisone worked for about 5 hours then itching returned. Do you have any suggestions I have tried every itch cream/lotion on the drug store shelves.
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please upload images

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Madam.

I can understand your concerns.

This could possibly be a rash of infectious/immunological origin.

I can guide you better if you upload images of the rash.

This helps me to formulate accurate hypothesis and guide you therapeutically.

Thank you.