question-icon

What causes skin peeling on penis after having sex?

Posted on Wed, 16 Jul 2014
Question: I want to know whats wrong with me i had unprotected sex with my girlfriend and my skin is peeling off it doesnt hurt but im worry
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Possibility of yeast infection, irritant balanitis

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.
Thanks for posting your query

There is nothing serious and not to worry.
Two possibilities strikes my mind after seeing the picture sent by you.
1. Yeast infection: It can be confirmed by a smear examination taken from the surface of the penis. If it is confirmed, then it can be treated with anti-fungal creams and oral antifungal tablets for you and your girl friend.
2. Irritant balanitis due to soaps, antiseptic lotion or creams etc.
Mere washing with water will settle the problem or sometimes mild soothing creams may need. Consult your dermatologist he/she will guide in this regard
Dr S.Murugan
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan (4 hours later)
What type of lotion should i buy?
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan (33 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Better to follow the guidance of your physician

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

I saw the problem in picture only. There is definitely a lot of difference in seeing it in person than in photograph. Moreover the genital skin is very tender and it will not tolerate harsh treatment or unwanted treatment. So, I suggest you to go by your dermatologist guidance than getting something over the counter, otherwise it may worsen the situation. I hope that you got the point and consult your physician. If there is an availability of pure Liquid paraffin in your place, it can be tried. Nothing more than that without a consultation.
DR S.Murugan

Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist