What causes skin hyper pigmentation post antiretroviral treatment?
Use a Hydroquinone based cream along with Sun protection
Hello. Thank you for writing to us
I have taken note of your query and I have understood it.
Hyperpigmentation is a well known appearance related side effect of antiretroviral treatment.
You may use a pigment reducing cream containing 4% Hydroquinone, once or twice daily.
Also use a broad spectrum sunscreen, throughout the day, specially on sun exposed body parts.
how do i get rid of old herpes zoster scars from my belly. which creams do you recomend.
Use Hydroquinone cream
Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation is a common complication of herpes zoster.
You may use the same cream which I had advised earlier i.e Hydroquinone 4% cream, twice daily, to gradually fade away spots.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause and treatment for vomiting
- Pale skin causes and treatment
- What is the cause and treatment for tinnitus
- What is the cause and treatment for herpes
- What is the cause and treatment of rotoscolosis
- What are the causes and treatment for skin rashes
- What is the cause and treatment for depression
- What is cause and treatment for hemorrhoid
- What is the cause and treatment of petechiae
- Circulationmottled skin causes treatment