What causes skin growths around neck?

Dr. Hardik Pitroda

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: what could be the reason for small moles happening around neck ? its very small lumps growing around the neckline area
Answered by Dr. Hardik Pitroda 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Radiocautery

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for posting on HCM.
Its difficult to point specific diagnosis in absence of clinical examination. But from your description I would like to put differential diagnosis of skin tags.

Skin tags are benign overgrowth of skin which are commonly seen over neck and underarms.

As such they are result of gain in weight and genetic to some extent. But in some cases its the sign of hormonal and metabolic imbalance, thus I would like to thoroughly investigate you especially for diabetes.

The treatment is very straight forward. With help of a machine called radiocautery these skin tags can be removed without any side effects. Make sure you get it done from a certified dermatologist.

Lastly, just to be sure for my diagnosis, I would like you to post some clinical pictures because sometimes warts ( a viral skin infection) can also present in similar way as moles and thus easily misdiagnosed.

Thanks
Dr Hardik Pitroda
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari