What causes skin darkening and visual problems while on Defza?
Drug Side effects
thank you for writing on health care magic
Well, you seem to be having drug side effects.
1. The skin darkening is due to hcqs, which when taken on a long term deposits in the skin layers. You can consult your doctor and try to reduce the dose , to maybe 4 times a week, which will help reduce the deposition further as you get 3 days off from the drug
2. We normally dont recommend oral steroids in our presciption for rheumatoid arthritis, for the simple reason of dependency and side effects. If your joint symptoms are good, you should go off it. It will be difficult but try reducing it to every alternate day and then go off the drug. Probably you are getting cataract due to it, and causing blurring of vision
To summarize, you are on too many drugs and on suboptimal doses. I am not sure if it is due to side effects but i would prefer you taking Lefno 20, full dose of methotrexate( as tolerated) and try controlling it to 2 drugs. If disease still flares, there are better biologicals available too. Steroids arnt a good choice.
Hope the information was useful
Do let me know for more queries
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the benefits of defza tablets
- Darkening of facial skin what could be the the cause
- Skin problem prescribed defza30 opinion and advise
- Continuous use of defza causes
- What causes skin darkening on penis head
- What causes sticky skin problems
- Skin darkening causes
- Defza tablet for what
- What is defza drug causes hypocalcemia