What causes skin cuts on penis?

Dr. Charu Bansal

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Men's Health
Question: My question is.what causes cut like wounds on for skin of penis?
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
kindly reply to questions and upload pic

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Welcome to healthcaremagic.
I have read your query and understood your concern.

The most common reasons for cuts on penile area is fungal infection and viral infection.
I would like to know the following details :
1 ) what is the duration of the cuts ?
2) it the area itchy or associated with burning sensation?
3) any history of similar lesions before?
4 ) any history of preceding fluid filled lesions?
5) history of recent contact?
6) how about your diabetic status?
7) are the cuts diffuse or localized?
Kindly reply to my questions and if possible put a pic so that I can help you to my best.
Follow up: Dr. Charu Bansal 1 hour later
I have cut like wounds on my penis.slide burning .never had this before. Is this caused by herpes ? It's itchy a little.
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
fungal infection or viral infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Welcome again.
As I mentioned, fungal and viral infection are two big possibilities.
They can be easily ruled by visual inspection.
kindly put up the pic and reply to all my questions I asked in my previous reply so that I can advice you further.
Stay healthy.
Follow up: Dr. Charu Bansal 29 hours later
How do get rid of this?
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 44 hours later
Brief Answer:
kindly put pic

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Welcome again.

You will need a written prescription to get the medications. Its not a life threatening condition. Dont worry so much.

Both are easily manageable conditions.
Its jusz that the diagnosis need to be made before one can advice you further management.
Therefore, I advice you to put a pic or show to some doctor in person for inspection of the area.

Both are sexually transmitted disease spread by contact . Kissing can also spread the infection.
Stay healthy.