What causes skin colored bumps on base of penis after having sex?

Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari

General Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi,
I am 21 vet sexually active male. I recently had protected sex a week ago and a few days after I noticed skin colored bumps I would say about 10 of them at the base of my shaft going toward the genitles. They do not hurt or itch. I also noticed dry peeling skin. What could this be?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be normal

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear XXXX

The bumps are papules are likely to be inspissated secretion due to sweating . They are likely to be normal. Exact diagnosis will depend on clinical examination . I would suggest you to send me clinical photograph for further assessment. I would also require following additional information

1. Details of sexual encounter
2. Are you experiencing any other local symptoms like Urinary complaints, discharge

Awaiting your response

Take Care

Best Regards
Dr Deepak Kishore
MBBS,MS,MCh

Follow up: Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 8 minutes later
The first picture shows the dry skin and bumps and the second one shows the bumps i am worried about. I am a very avid gym goer.

In regards to my most recent sexual encounter it was protected, i did not finish. She was a clean female and has not said anything to me up to this day. I do not notice any other issues. I was worried it was an std
.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
They are normally present

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Dear Sir

Thanks for providing the clinical picture. It is definitely not any STD. It is normal occurrence. These papules are seen in 40 % of normal individuals and are prominent hair follicles with inspissated sebum. There is absolutely no need to be worried about.

Rest be assured.
Wishing you great health.

Best Regards
Dr Deepak