What causes sinking feeling along with rapid heart rate?

Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist

Posted on Thu, 14 Sep 2017 in Anxiety and Stress
Question: I have somewhat of a roller coaster feeling. Feel very good one moment and the next I am feeling poorly. Heart beats rapidly for a few minutes, then back to normal. Blood pressure is ok.
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir

After going through the medical details provided by you I understand your concern for your health and I would like to tell you that taking into consideration your age and the symptoms which you have mentioned points towards some type of abnormal rhythm that's happening intermittently.

It's advisable that you should get an EKG done preferably at the time when your heart is beating fast with the sense of illness. If that's not possible then go for a 24 to 48 hrs HOLTER MONITORING test.

Also I would like to suggest you to get these blood tests done.

1. Complete Blood Count
2. Thyroid function test
3. Serum electrolytes levels

Kindly get these tests done and personally consult a cardiologist for proper physical examination and evaluation to rule out any cardiac Arrythmias.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D