Ask a Dentist   »  

What causes shrinking of yellowish front teeth?

Dentist
Question
My front teeths are shrinking from 3 years. Also due to heavy intake of tea they appera to be yellowish now. Now my concern is to get white teeths without going for any bleaching. I am very much worried about shrinking teeths & need some solution. Also one of my front teeth is having cavity,initial stages, please advise how to stop it at the earliest.I m having cavity issues since childhood
Posted Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Dental Health

Answered by Dr. Dipti Singh 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You might be having enamel hypoplasia

Detailed Answer:
Hello, XXXXXXX
Thank you for consulting with healthcaremagic.
This is Dr. Dipti Singh here to answer your query.
As you are mentioning that your front teeth are shrinking and they are yellowish in color, and even there are cavities, it looks that you might be having a disease known as enamel hypoplasia, actually it is condition in which the main component of tooth which is enamel is not formed properly during development of tooth, that is why the tooth are getting smaller day by day as they are not strong enough to bear the forces of biting and chewing.

In this condition bleaching is not the solution, as it will not stop the shrinking of teeth, only change the color of teeth,

You have to go for full mouth rehabilitation, means you have to get artificial caps on all the teeth, as they will create problem in future.

Better you visit a good dentist and get your teeth properly examined with x - ray and afterwards get the treatment done.

Hope it will help you.
Thank you.
Dr. Dipti Singh