• question-icon

What causes shoulder pain while on Meloxicam and Prednisone?

Posted on Thu, 13 Jul 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I got prescriptions for meloxicam 15mg tablets and prednisone 20mg tablets yesterday for neck and shoulder pain that radiates to my head. I took one dose each yesterday afternoon and pain was relieved. Today pain is back and I have taken one dose each this morning about an hour and half ago for meloxicam and 45 minutes ago for prednisone but I still have pain. I was only prescribed 5 prednisone tablets and 30 tablets for meloxicam.
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please continue medicines as advised.

Detailed Answer:
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel , Orthopedic Surgeon.
I would suggest that you take the medicines as prescribed for few days since it take few days for the pain to go away.. If the pain is not relieved I would go for an X Ray of neck . Also I would add hot fomentation, Local Analgesic cream and physiotherapy.
Thanx For the question. Please fell free to ask any other question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Gopal Goel

Orthopaedic Surgeon