What causes shoulder blade pain along with numbness in the legs?
Probably two different conditions.
Shoulder blade pain may be of musculoskeletal origin,(muscles, tendons, stretched for example). Numbness in both legs is most likely a separate condition for example first stages of the spinal stenosis.
Another condition that may cause both, shoulder pain and leg numbness is arthritis.In all cases, getting examined clinically by your primary care Doctor and by tests such imaging studies (MRI of the spinal cord, etc.),blood tests about inflammation levels is necessary to get a correct understanding. Starting painkillers such ibuprofen may improve your condition.
Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Yes, it is odd since both issues started simultaneously, but still, this doesn't exclude the possibility of being two different conditions.
The opposite can be true also, conditions such as arthritis, spinal spondylosis, may cause such symptoms.
Dr. Erion Spaho,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of hip pain and leg numbness
- What causes pain tingling and numbness in forearms
- What causes pain and numbness in forearms
- What causes numbness and pain in fingers
- What causes extreme pain in leg with numbness and imbalance
- What causes tingling and numbness in legs
- What caused pain and numbness in leg and foot
- What causes severe pain in shoulders and numbness in fingers
- What causes middle back pain and numbness in leg
- What causes muscle pain and numbness in legs