What causes shoulder and chest pain after consuming alcohol?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: why does my shoulder and chest hurt if I drink hard alcohol fast?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Due to fluid and electrolyte imbalance.

Detailed Answer:
Drinking hard alcohol fast can cause a relatively increased fluid loss. The decreased levels of fluids and electrolytes cause the cramps in the muscles causing such a feeling.
Taking electrolyte rich fluids along with will help in reducing the pain.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal