What causes shortness of breath with normal tests?

Cardiologist, Interventional
Question
I have anxiety I take alprazolam for it I have had EKG's, echocardiogram, stress test, and chest xray and MRI and CT scan on my brain and trophilin blood test everything came back normal im wondering why I get short of breath at random times of the day and everytime I lay down at night it happens pretty bad but im fine in the morning when im laying down. can this be from anxiety
Posted Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Looks like anxiety only

Detailed Answer:
If you don't have long standing illness and all the tests you have mentioned are normal than your symptoms must be related to anxiety. But one small possibility of Asthma should be kept in mind. If that is also ruled out than only anxiety can explain and need to meet a therapist and undergo counseling.