What causes shortness of breath while walking with normal lung x-ray?
They admitted me over night for observation and checking for heart issues. An xray of the lungs didn't show anything but I still can't walk down the hall without getting short of breath. I get the feeling they are just going to discharge even I can't walk without getting short of breath.
Is there something I should demand while I'm herr.
pulmonary function tests/CT
Hello and thanks for your question.
I am sorry that you are having this experience.
The things I would be concerned about in a 31 year old causing that much shortness of breath are pulmonary embolus and asthma. If they have made sure that you do have any heart abnormalities then I think checking pulmonary function tests to rule out asthma would be what I would check next. If that is normal then I would suggest a CT scan of the chest to rule out pulmonary embolus. You should not be having that much shortness of breath at your age. I hope you get an answer soon,
K. Robinson MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Spot on lung x ray
- Pain in foot x ray report normal cant walk properly
- Child has fever vomiting normal x-ray and blood work cause
- Child has leg pain limping x-ray normal what is it
- Advised spot film post x-ray what could be the cause
- Pain and bleeding after wisdom teeth removal x-ray normal cause
- Experiencing walking difficulties x-ray normal should i be concerned
- What causes spotting after an x ray
- Suspicious infiltrates in chest x-ray shortness of breath acid reflux
- Smokers lung x ray