question-icon

What causes shortness of breath while doing heavy exercises?

Posted on Fri, 3 Aug 2018
Question: Sir
my brother is suffering with shortness of breath and feeling uncomportable when lifting heavy things ( more than 5kg weight) and walking with speed . He carried out some test which is attached . please advice
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap (28 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
His Echo is normal

Detailed Answer:
Hello

After going through the medical details provided by you I understand your concern for your brother health and I would like to tell you that the echo report which you have uploaded is normal and his heart is functioning well.

To rule out any underlying cardiac coronary problem I would like to suggest you to get his TMT test done as it will give us an idea about the functioning of his heart while exertion.

I hope this information will guide you properly. Feel free to ask if you have any more doubts or else you can close the discussion and kindly rate the answer.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Bhanu Partap (2 days later)
HE IS STAYING IN SMALL PLACE WHERE TMT FACILITIES NOT AVAILABLE. HE WILL CARRIED OUT IN SOME SUITABLE PLACE .RIGHT NOW ANY ADVICE REGARDING MEDICINE AND DIET.
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap (38 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
follow-up

Detailed Answer:
Hello again,

As nothing has been diagnosed till now so no medicine is advised as of now. Regarding diet it should be a healthy diet always containing fewer sugars and salt, avoiding fried items, no smoking at all, good amount of fresh fruits and vegetables in the daily diet and a daily morning walk for at least 30 mins a day.

I hope this information will answer your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist