What causes shortness of breath, fainting and blue tinged lips in a child?
Hello. I just read through your question.
I would add two thoughts here.
Firstly, this could be the flu. I don't know if they tested for that. But even if they did, and the test was positive, there is not much to do other than fluids and rest.
Secondly, even though his lungs were cleared, I wouldn't rush to take the diagnosis of pneumonia of the list just yet. Pneumonia can be tricky sometimes, and it is possible it won't really show itself until 2,3 or even 4 days down the road.
So for now, keep your eye on him. Make sure he stays very well hydrated, monitor his fever and treat with a fever reducer if necessary, and give him a little time.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Fainting causes
- What causes fainting when jogging
- What causes shortness of breath
- What is the cause of faint abdominal cramping
- What causes fainting and dizziness
- What causes faint dizzy feeling after surgery
- What would cause you to stop breathing when fainted
- What causes near fainting spells
- What causes sudden fainting and vomiting
- What causes fainting on airplane