What causes shortness of breath after walking in a heart patient?
Residual leak after the surgery is not likely
After CABG surgery some patients may develop pleural and pericardial effusion, which can be bloody if the patient develops it during 30 days after the surgery.
Usually it is treated with steroid or non steroid analgesics.
I think that is it not much likely that effusion in your father is after the fall of it is present in both lungs and around the heart.
Anyway it is not possible to give a final conclusion without seeing the patient and the results of all analysis and investigations.
Hope I could help you
Wishing a good health to your father
In case of further questions don't hesitate to ask
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes heart ache after meth usage
- What causes heart palpitations after balloon angioplasty
- What causes blurry vision after heart surgery
- Cause of fast heart breathe
- What causes shortness of breath
- What causes fluttering in heart after a flu
- Breathing problems caused by heart
- What causes heart pounding and shortness of breath while sitting
- Elevated heart rate shortness of breath what is causing this
- What causes shortness in breath and fluttering in heart