question-icon

What causes short temper and frustration after changing dosage timing of Latuda-80?

Posted on Mon, 25 May 2015
Question: I am taking Latuda 80 mg every night after eating my dinner per request of my psychiatrist. About two weeks ago I was taking it in the morning with breakfast. Ever since I switched to evenings. I am now frustrated very easily. I get angry at the drop of the hat for just about anything.
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
These symptoms will reduce in about 1-2 weeks

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Welcome to Health Care Magic

I can understand your concern. Latuda is Lurasidone and the drug is an antipsychotic drug. It is one of safe drugs that is relatively well tolerated in most of individuals. You were taking 80 mg in day time and then switched to evening time doses. The symptoms you are having probably because of changed dose schedule. Shift of drug to evening resulted in slight deficit in day time levels and this has resulted in mild form of withdrawal. Though half life of drug is about 15-18 hours still after night the levels in body are getting reduced and this is causing the symptoms. The symptoms will improve with time because of a steady state concentration will be achieved. This will result in reduction of irritability and frustration you are having. Wait for at least 1-2 more weeks and you will feel better.

Thanks, Hope this helps you, if you have more doubts you can ask again
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist