What causes short menstrual bleeding for 2 days followed by brown discharge?

Question
Hey my sister needed some help or advice on a menstral problem. She just had her period for 2 days but it was red but clumpy then it suddenly stopped after 2 days then there was just what looked like brown blood
Thu, 24 May 2018 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please elaborate.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for sharing your health concern with us.

I have gone through your query and would like to know more information. Please let me know if your sister has regular menstrual cycle, if she is on any contraception, if there is any history of missed period prior to the current scenario and if she is on any medication.

If this happens to be a natural period, such scanty and irregular menstruation is suggestive of hormone imbalance. Most often it subsides spontaneously. However, if the disturbance persists, further evaluation is needed.

Please feel free to contact for further information. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.