What causes shooting sensations on the face along with strange rashes?
It's a simple problem called as trigeminal neuralgia. Nothing serious.
You seem to be suffering from trigeminal neuralgia. This is a condition where there are shooting sensations on the face, occassionally with rash. This is a issue with the trigeminal nerve, which happens to be one of the "living wires" that come from your brain, it's called a cranial nerve. It can also be post herpetic neuralgia. The electric shock like sensations that you experience are typical of the problem.
The best medicines for this are not painkillers or skin creams. The medications like carbamazepine, actually soothe the nerves (of the face!, not any mental health issue!), Please go to a neurologist. And get physically examined, after a few moments (the examination is not unpleasant) and take the medication.
I wish I could send you a prescription, but, as yet, cannot (we might soon have that feature on our website)
There is no sinister problem or serious issue here. It's OK. Despite how strange the health issue may seem to you.
Feel free to ask more queries as regards your problem.
Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes recurrance of red rash on face and neck
- What causes strange bruise like rashes on the buttocks
- What causes bumps and rashes on face
- What causes tingling sensation in upper lip and face
- What causes itchy sensation without rash
- What causes rashes on face and scalp
- What causes tingling sensation on face
- Strange skin rash causes
- Strange tongue sensations causes
- What causes rash on neckchest and face after a fever