question-icon

What causes shooting pain from neck to shoulders, headache and delayed period?

Posted on Mon, 1 Jun 2015
Question: I missed my period this month and have had a headache for two days and a shooting pain from the back of my head to my lower shoulder blade...what do you think could be the problem?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal (16 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Muscular pain likely.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The pain at the back of the head and shoulders is not likely to be related to a delayed period. This is more likely to be a muscular pain related to poor posture. Since your periods are delayed it is best to get a urine test done to find out about possible pregnancy.
In case the test is negative then you can take a mild pain killer and do a hot compress in the area to relieve the pain.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN