What causes shivering in a an elderly woman while treating thyroid?
Now she is having shevering (mouth jar shakes).
Could you kindly advise
Get urine tested for UTI. Also rule out malaria.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone through your query and understand your concerns. The result for Widal test is positive and it is right to be treated with Cefitaxe. However, since there is associated chills and rigors, it is preferable to get her urine tested for routine microscopy and culture sensitivity, and blood for malaria parasite, since urinary tract infection (UTI) or malaria could also cause such chills.
Please upload the reports (after they come) using the facility on the upper right of this page and I would guide you accordingly.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of panic with low thyroid
- What causes missed periods in a thyroid suffering woman
- What causes a swollen thyroid
- What causes enlarged thyroid in children
- What infections cause thyroiditis
- What causes anaplastic thyroid cancer
- What causes hashimotos thyroiditis
- What causes thyroid problems
- What causes thyroid swelling
- What causes thyroid cancer disease