What causes shiver in one leg of infant when diagnosed with CPCs?
My baby shivers her one leg at a time,sometimes her hand..but that is just 2-3 Jerks at a time...she is 1 and half months old...when she was 20weeks in womb she was diagnosed with bilateral choroid plexus cyst..but my level two ultrasound was normal.thn I had got trisomy18,down syndrome tested and reports were normal for d baby..then in 34 week d cysts got disappeared...m worried is this shivering is due to those cp cyst..
This seems to be jitteriness - not due to cyst
Hi....by what you quote I do not feel that this is seizure or due to the choroid plexus cyst. This seems like jitteriness to me... Which is a very common thing in babies of this age.
I have a few questions for you -
1. Does the baby lose consciousness during this shivering?
2. Do the eye balls of the baby roll up during this episodes?
3. When this shivering occurs - if you hold the arm or leg - does it stop?
4. Is the baby on any calcium and vitamin D supplements?
5. How is the feeding and activity of the baby?
6. Does the baby pass urine during this shivering episode?
Kindly get back with as answers and I will be glad to guide you further.
Regards - Dr. Sumanth
Below are the answers:
1.No she doesn't looses consciousness.
2.no eyeball rolling up.
3yes it does stop but I could feel it for fraction of second.
4.yes baby is on calcium and vitamin D supplements
5.she takes feed after every 2 hours and her weight gain is like 500gms in 8 days.
6.haven't noticed if she passes urine during shiver
This seems to be jitteriness - Do not worry
Hi...by what you have replied, I feel that it could be jitteriness. Nothing worry about it and the shivering will decrease as the age progresses.
Sometimes it occurs in calcium and magnesium deficiency too.
Please check calcium status,/ blood level and get back to me.
Regards - Dr. Sumanth
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes nausea when injured in leg
- What causes withering of the leg
- What causes legs to shake when sitting on the toilet
- Hands legs shivering causes
- What causes leg swelling when on levothyroxine for hypothyroidism
- What causes leg ache in infants
- What causes tingling on hands and legs when on allopurinol
- What is the cause for swollen legs when on norvac
- What causes marbled legs?
- What causes knots by leg when pergancy