What causes shingles despite having shingles vaccine?
Patient ProfileGender: Male
have not Visited a Doctor:
have applied Hydrocortizone -- It appears I am having a Shingles episode. This is inspite of my having supposedly gotten the shingles virus shot about a year ago. It may be possible that I was not actually given the expensive shingles shot that was paid for.
Very suggestive of shingles!
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this rash. I have reviewed the image and this appearance is suggestive of shingles. If it is limited just to one side of the body, not crossing the mid line, then it is for sure shingles. The vaccine protects only 1/2 persons from shingles and therefore there is still a 50% risk of getting this even after vaccination with the best vaccines out there. The problem is certainly not that the vaccine type was changed but rather that the vaccine in itself is not able to offer a 100% protection, something which is well recognized.
For pains, I will recommend capsaicin cream or codeine. These may require a script from you treating doctor. Cleanse it regularly with an antiseptic to help accelerate healing.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can the shingles vaccine give you shingles
- What is causing hair fall and shingles
- What is the cause of itchy rashes after shingles vaccine
- What are the causes and treatments for shingles
- Causes of shingles
- What causes shingles
- What disease does shingles cause
- What causes rashes on body after shingle shot
- Have had shingles what is causing this and required treatment
- What is the remedy for pain caused by shingles