What causes sheding of skin in vagina?
Thanks for posting your query.
I have seen the attached picture. It appears as though the endometrium is being shed. There is also a possibility of some old products being shed and if that is so, you should have evidence of infection like pain, foul smell and fever.
If you have had regular cycles until four months ago and were not pregnant at the onset of this problem, you can suspect endometritis or hormonal disturbances. Either way, you need to get the material analyzed to know the cause.
You should see a specialist at once and get a proper evaluation including a physical exam, pap smear, trans-vaginal sonogram, urinalysis and blood profile. A few scrapings from the endometrium are also essential. Do not get scared to see a doctor as you need proper treatment and the earlier you get it, the better.
Hope your query has been clarified. Please feel free to contact for more information. I will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes inflammation in vagina
- What cause vagina to be chapped
- What causes atopobium vaginae
- What can cause skin rash around vagina
- What causes change in vagina
- What is the cause of distended vagina
- What causes vagina to be fat
- What causes skin to break on lip of vagina
- What causes lumps in vagina
- What causes vagina farts