What causes sharp right sided stomach aches?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Sep 2014
Sep 2014

Question
I have a sharp pain that comes and goes on my right side of my stomach…but the funny thing about it is it goes away fro like 2 months and then only comes back for 10 mins..then I lay down it goes away for 2 or 3 weeks….
Posted Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ganesh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Nothing much to worry .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
welcome to Health care magic.
Thank for approach.
Iam Dr Ganesh.

1. Similar pains are seen in the patients with gall bladder pathologies like gall stones, inflammation / infections like cholecystitis. The pain causes when there is any obstruction.

2. Also seen in the Gastritis, Renal calculus (stones), and bowel pathology.

3. If you are my patient, after general examination i would have ask for an ultrasound abdomen pelvis, a chest radiogram. which will help me to narrow down the causes and reach to definitive diagnose. After that the treatment will be started according to the findings.

4. There is nothing i could say by your symptoms that they are related to cancer. So please stop worrying about that, Please visit your GP and get the needful investigations done.

5. I feel like there is nothing to worry, every thing will be fine.

hope i helped with your question.
do not hesitate to ask if any thing is there.

thank you.
wish you good health.
Dr.Ganesh.