What causes sharp pin prick pain in legs?
Due to degenerative spine
Thanks for posting your query.
The sharp pin prick like pain in the legs is likely to be due to the degenerative spine. It can be caused by a mild nerve root compression or Vitamin B 12 deficiency.
A course of Muscle relaxants, interferential therapy (IFT) and/or Intermittent Lumbar Traction (ILT) for a week followed by exercises will help you.
Medical drugs like pain killers - acetaminophen/ibuprofen and muscle relaxants might be helpful.
Methylcobalamin supplements are also recommended for nerve compression symptoms.
Do consult an orthopedician for proper prescriptions.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes sharp vaginal pain
- What causes sharp knee pain
- What cause of sharp pains in the head
- What causes sharp pain in lateral side of leg
- What causes pain with pins and needles
- What causes sharp pain in wrist
- What causes sharp pin prick pain and cold toes
- What causes sharp pain in calf of leg
- What causes pin prick pain on foot
- What causes pin prick pain in eye