What causes sharp pin prick pain in legs?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 17 Jul 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I'm suddenly getting sharp pin prick like pain in my legs. What causes this?I have a degenerative spine and scoliosis and did exercises in our indoor pool today. Could these things be part of the problem?
YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Due to degenerative spine

Detailed Answer:
The sharp pin prick like pain in the legs is likely to be due to the degenerative spine. It can be caused by a mild nerve root compression or Vitamin B 12 deficiency.
A course of Muscle relaxants, interferential therapy (IFT) and/or Intermittent Lumbar Traction (ILT) for a week followed by exercises will help you.
Medical drugs like pain killers - acetaminophen/ibuprofen and muscle relaxants might be helpful.
Methylcobalamin supplements are also recommended for nerve compression symptoms.
Do consult an orthopedician for proper prescriptions.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal