What causes sharp pain under navel while stretching backwards?
Abdominal ultrasound should be done.
Thank you for the query.
Sharp pain under belly button can be caused by umbilical hernia (if the pain is close to belly button) or bladder infection (if its lower than belly button).
Umbilical hernia can be invisible so there might be no lump protruding. In case of hernia the pain should get worse when coughing or lifting heavy objects.
Bladder infection gives also frequent urinating or burning while urinating. Fever can be present.
If you have had c-section and there is a scar close to the pain area, hernia in the scar can be the case.
I suggest you to consult your doctor. Abdominal ultrasound, blood work and urine analysis should be done at first. You should also consult gynecologist and have transvaginal ultrasound.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Hernia seems most probable.
Than this makes small hernia possible. Yes it can be muscle strain as well. But muscle strain gives only pain when moving the muscle and does not give pain afterwards.
So ultrasound seems a good idea.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes short sharp pain while urinating
- What causes sharp pain under the breast and breathlessness
- What causes sharp pains in uterus
- What cause of sharp pains in the head
- What causes sharp pains in bones
- What causes sharp pain in nipples
- What causes sharp pain in spleen
- What causes sharp pain under the breast
- What causes sharp pain in wrist
- What causes sharp pain under the left breast