What causes sharp pain under left breast?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Lump
Question: breast pain
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please give full details

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thank for your query, albeit very short.

May I please know few more details so that we can discuss further:
- Since when have you got the pains?
- Is it on one side or both?
- Is there any relation to menstrual periods?
- Are there any lumps.

Please give all the details so that we can discuss further.
Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 13 hours later
Hi. I have pain on the lower side of lfet breast. I donot think it has got any connection with periods . I have this pain from last one week. I am also a feeding mother just for your reference.

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
May be mastitis

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your feedback.
Noted that you are feeding Mother and have pain on the lower side of left breast.
Going on for the last one week.

This indicates that there may be mastitis or cellulitis or abscess formation.
I would advise you the following:
To get an ultrasonography done so that the exact cause can be found out; also the tests of blood for WBC count in particular.
Clinical evaluation, examination preferably by a General Surgeon helps to get the correct diagnosis and plan for a proper treatment as needed.