What causes sharp pain under breast?
It might be due to many causes
I understand your concern.
Chest pain is routinely seen in clinical practice.
In my opinion pain in the chest has many possible diagnoses like:-
1. Simple gastritis--
This can be possible if you had spicy diet for dinner. If you have heartburn or ulcer.
2. Heart disease--
If the chest pain is radiated towards left arm, forearm and associated with sweating better to rule out heart disease.
3. Hormonal imbalance--
Here the breast tenderness is seen just before the onset of period or in between the periods.
4. Breast lump--
Here the pain is associated with lump in the breast.
5. Muscle spasm
The above are the possibilities. We can rule out them by doing different investigations.
1. Gastritis- Here pain decreases after taking antacids. Avoid spicy diet.
2. Heart disease- an ECG is needed to diagnose this.
3. Breast lump- self examination and breast ultrasound will diagnose this.
Nothing to worry about that once the cause is known apt treatment is given and that will subside.
Hope this satisfies your query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes sharp pain under the breast and breathlessness
- Sharp pain under breast
- What causes sharp pains in uterus
- What cause of sharp pains in the head
- What causes sharp pain around left breast
- Frequent sharp pains in the breast what are the causes
- What causes sharp pain under the breast
- What causes sharp pain in wrist
- Sharp pain under the breast in the rib cage cause
- What causes sharp pain under the left breast