What causes sharp pain right around the point where the achilles meets the bone?
Anyway, hope you can offer some insight and advice. Thanks!
do not be concerned, it can be treated.
This type of problem occur due to two main reasons
1. Achillis tendinitis
Luckily the treatment for the two are more or less same.
1. give rest to the affected area, that means no exercise or stretches that cause pain in the area. you can do normal walking. activities that do not cause pain are allowed.
2. after any activity of that foot or leg, if the pain occurs apply ice to the area to numb the area. you shall repeat numbing the area atleast 3 times i.e. apply ice area goes numb. remove ice area becomes normal, again apply ice - numb again, once normal ice again - numb area.
3. take some mild anti inflammatory medicine like Aceclofenac 200 mg SR tabs to prevent and cure any sort of underlying inflammation. You can try this or other over the counter antiinflammatory drug like ibuprofen twice daily.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes sharp pains in uterus
- What cause of sharp pains in the head
- Sharp pain in right collar bone
- What causes sharp pain in nipples
- What causes sharp pains in bones
- What causes sharp pain in spleen
- What could be cause of sharp pain on right ear
- What causes sharp pain in wrist
- Cause for sharp pain in the eyebrow bone
- What causes sharp pain in right ear
- Suggest treatment for chronic pain due to degenerative disc disease
- What causes Hyponatrimia in old aged people?
- Suggest treatment for arthritis pain
- What causes pain in scalp and neck?
- Suggest safe alternative to Vicodin for pain management
- Suggest treatment for fibromyalgia
- Is 320 mg of Oxycodone intake a day,safe?
- Suggest treatmentf or severe pain
- Suggest medicines for chronic pain without side effects
- What causes sedentary life and with tremors in leg?