What causes sharp pain on the arch of the feet?
Can be postural or arthritis.
The pain on the top of the arch can be a postural pain- excessive standing or due to arthritis. This is likely to subside with rest, a hot compress and a local analgesic gel application.
You can also take a mild pain killer like Aleve after meals. In case the pain is persistent or increases or is associated with swelling then do consult your doctor for proper examination.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Praveen Tayal, Orthopaedic Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What cause sharp pain underneath the left arm
- What causes sharp pains in uterus
- What cause of sharp pains in the head
- What causes sharp pains in bones
- What causes sharp pain in nipples
- Frequent sharp pains in the breast what are the causes
- What causes sharp pain in spleen
- Swollen feet sharp pain in the knee to ankle cause
- What causes sharp pain in wrist
- What causes sharp pain in stomach with cramps and shits