What Causes Sharp Pain Near The Ribs And Nausea?
Clinical evaluation and investigations ...
Thanks for your query, albeit short.
To recapitulate: Male/49 - not visited Doctor - tried gas medicine and antacid medicine - has sharp pain on the right side of body - near ribs - but still sharp pain and nausea.
If the gas medicine and the antacid is not giving any relief, you need to undergo a few things as follows:
- Ultrasonography of the abdomen to rule out gall bladder and liver problems.
- Upper GI endoscopy if there is acidity.
- Consult a Doctor to have an actual examination to see whether there is a local tenderness as it occurs on costo-chondritis and local muscle or rib problem, gall bladder or liver tenderness and auscultation of the lungs to see whether there is any lower lobe pneumonia or pleural rub and so on.
- You also may need to get ECG/EKG done.
- Please attend the ER , Emergency Room or your Doctor for clinical evaluation, examination and ECG and all other necessary investigations.
I hope this answer helps you.